Sunday, January 8, 2012

We Made It

Three days without daddy is a long time! But we managed and even had some fun.

I was shocked at how peaceful it was. I was anticipating a very LONG weekend as meal times can be so challenging with two adults. To think about doing it all by myself was not a happy thought.

On Friday after dropping the kids at school Ethan and I went to the park. It was such a fun time! Very cold but fun. He didn't have any drop seizures at all when we were there. Then we made lunch, Ethan had a nap and the kids needed to be picked up. Dinner went rather smoothly and then all four of us played out side for awhile.

Saturday was even more fun. We spent most of the morning building a fort in the living room.


I think they managed to use every blanket in the house.  

Then we watched some movies and had a relaxing evening.

Sunday was a whole different story. Ethan started the morning with a grand mal seizure. Which threw off his morning medicine routine because then he slept for a couple of hours. When he woke up I gave him his meds, but he continued to have have hard drop seizures all day long. Kind of sad we were having such a good long stretch of very minor drops. Today he had some hard face plants. Here is a picture of his face this evening. Poor guy hit his head on the table during one of his meals.


Under his left eye is all swollen, and red. He cried for a few minutes when it happened but then continued to eat. He is such a trooper.

Dad just showed up and the kids are jumping on him. :) I am breathing a breath of relief and so happy to see him for more than one reason. :) Praise the Lord for his Mercy and Grace. I am so thankful for the helper that he has sent to me in life. I love him more than words can say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment