Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blessings


Each new day brings with it new hope. On Monday we only saw ONE seizure from Ethan. It was a wonderful day. Then on Tuesday and Wednesday we saw more average days, about ten seizures each day. This is the roller-coaster of epilepsy.


Often times I fail to update people because I feel like I don't have any new news. We may have had one good day, but we know that it doesn't mean that seizures are gone. (at least not yet.) Each day we rise in the morning, pray that God would work in a miraculous way and heal this precious child. But each day we see that his plan is just a little different then ours. Oh there is healing taking place...it is just not happening in the place that I intended for it. You see I am learning and growing...I am the one that needs the healing in so many ways. I find myself needing to see change, needing to see that miracle in Ethan's little body. But what I so often fail to see is that God is doing miracles in our family every day. We are growing and touching lives all around us in way that only He could orchestrate. 

I will never stop praying for healing. I will also continue to look for the blessings that each new day brings. Seizures are not fun. They are messy. They are scary. They are life changing. So how can I find a blessing in all of this? Well I am blessed to know the God that holds my hand through all of it. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying daily! Have you read Nancy Leigh DeMoss's book called Choosing Gratitude? It's wonderful. I'm praying that God will help you to keep finding the joy.

    ReplyDelete